Tuesday 18 December 2007

Service Announcement: Regarding Sparrows

If you care to imagine Bill Oddie scrambling up a set of ladders in order to rescue sparrows trapped beneath the ramparts of the Madeley home, then you’d have an idea of the events of yesterday afternoon and why I’m writing such a short post this lunchtime. The sparrows seemed to hold the key to my broadband connection. Since their removal, I’ve had no internet and have been forced to a cafe in the city from where I’m posting this. It’s a sobering experience for a man of my celebrity.

Until Fry can come around later today (he’s very busy, at the moment, recording voice overs), I’ll be off the radar. He suspects that the sparrows were acting as some kind of free flying booster units to my wireless connection and thinks there may well be a fortune to be made in this discovery. I’m not so sure but I can only ask you to bear with me.

Normal service will resume shortly with a particularly galling account of my Sunday spent with Jeremy Clarkson. In the meantime, I’m off to do some Christmas shopping.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think the sparrows have that much impact on internet services - I am surprised that Mr Oddie didn't tell you that as he is a famed expert on wildlife of all sorts... I saw Mr Fry the other night coming out of a theatre - the thing I like about him the most is his Turkish Delight!! Yum!

Uncle Dick Madeley said...

Mutley, you saw Stephen and didn't introduce yourself? I'm sure he'd have been delighted to have been able to put a face to the name. I mention you to him often, at least twice a day. He claims to be your biggest fan.

lee said...

Watched jeremy clarkson on grumpy old men christmas special the other night -he was quite a funny bugger.

Anonymous said...

Really? I an surprised by that - does he log on as anon?