Wednesday 5 December 2007

A Christmas Makeover

Along with the turning on of the lights in Oxford Street and the delivery of the tree to Trafalgar Square, the changing of the banner at The Richard Madeley Appreciation Society has, for the last decade, marked the official start of the Christmas season. What do you think of this year’s effort? Understated? I thought so too. The photographer tells me that Oddie was very truculent on the day of the photoshoot, refusing to don a fake beard. In comparison, the rest of the lads were in and out in next to no time.

I've had Christmas cards printed for all of my visitors but unfortunately I've lost your postal addresses. I'm really sorry about that. You needn't worry, however. So long as you send me your addresses, even if I miss the last Christmas post, I'll send Judy around to deliver them by hand.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Oddies is numb nuts anyway - I honestly think you should dump him and get say Connie Huq in instead - I think she has just had a 'boob job' and she would probably enjoy the attention.

Alexandra said...

Thanks for the comment on my Blog. I still love books and will continue to buy them since I just can't afford that thing.

Uncle Dick Madeley said...

Mutley, you can't come on here and bad mouth Bill. He's a friend and I'll defend him to my last breath. I had to look up this Huq woman. A man of your age watching Blue Peter? I can see the appeal but still...

Alexandra, so glad to hear it. The world needs every book buyer. Nice blog, by the way.

lee said...

My glory, what an attractive bunch they are in green.So very sweet.And Bill-the double beard effect-excellent.

Uncle Dick Madeley said...

Lee, I knew you'd get into the festive spirit if you were led by the right Goodie.