Wednesday 12 December 2007

The Official Richard Madeley Appreciation Society Christmas Card

With just a couple of weeks to go and since most of you will soon be going off with families and loved ones, I thought it best to send you my official Christmas card. Getting it early means that you still have time to use it as a desktop or have it printed on a t-shirt and worn to every Christmas party. And if you find yourself feeling lonely this Christmas (and let’s face it, who doesn’t?), you can always look at this picture and know that you have at least one friend in the world who won’t desert you.

Which is more than be said about Dr. Raj, the cheap brain hustling quack. Going away ‘to sunnier climes’ for Christmas. And just when we all need his help the most. The only trained trauma councillor I know and he’ll be thousands of miles away when the turkey hits the Fry. As for me, I’m stuck on blogging duties. I’ll still be here, working my fingers to the bone. Though, I know I shouldn’t, the alternative is ‘Christmas with Cilla’. And no, that’s the not the name of a TV special. I wish it were. At least I’d be able to leave the room. This Christmas we’re having everybody over. Des O’Connor, Esther Rantzen, Alan Titchmarsh... And, of course, Cilla. The only benefit of having Cilla Black in the house is that we have trained singer who frighten off any carol singers. Still, I’ll have Oddie and Fry here to keep me sane.

How did I get onto talking about this? Oh yes… The Christmas card. Well, here it is. Please do the sensible thing and spread it around. The more people see it, the more festive cheer we spread between us.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is not one your best photoes you know - you look a bit ... well... ahem... greasy...

Uncle Dick Madeley said...

It's just a thin coating of my natural musk, Mutley.

Anonymous said...

Better than Christ, that card.

debio said...

Clicked on the 'card' with heady anticipation and, what?!!! - the content has been blocked as it is 'incompatible with the moral, political and cultural outlook of the UAE'!

Jeez - what was it? I shall never know. Or, is it so worth seeing that I need to call it up when I visit UK in January?