Friday 25 July 2008

Normal Service Resumed

Friday night and I’m home, happy, and contenting myself with a quiet evening. I also wanted to come on here and apologise for my posting habits over the last couple of days. The blog has been hit and miss and as much a mess as the last few days have been non-stop. I’ve not even been keeping you up-to-date with developments in the area of Judy’s knee.

Well, we have five days together before I’m distracted by ‘Eye of the Storm’ and the full story of Judy’s knee is on its way. I hope to publish the unedited account over the weekend. My mood has also lightened considerably since two days ago when I was not looking forward a couple of days of shuttling up and down the country. That’s not even to mention all the trouble of keeping Judy supplied with frozen vegetables to wrap around her swollen joint. Apparently, frozen asparagus fingers are the best followed by peas. Prawns, she says, melt too quickly and leave her thighs smelling of seafood.

Anyway, just wanted to say that normal service will be resume tomorrow. I promise lots of Oddie and no rants or pretentious nonsense about apostrophes.

3 comments:

okbye said...

Ugh, seafood thighs. Not fun.

Lola said...

Looking forward to some upbeat tales - I have detected a good deal of low mood in your writing of late.

I have never seen frozen asparagus. Peas are always the vegetable of choice for application to body parts, they mould themselves to contours so well.

Uncle Dick Madeley said...

Barbara, they aren't fun at all. But then again, the prawns don't taste that nice afterwards.

Lola, yes I have been low. It's so painful to have to abandon the blog for two days of slavery to the system. It's even harder to find moments amid my exhaustion to write. Humour dips and pretentiousness increases. It's hard to write comedy whereas being profound and a tad pretentious comes easy to me when I'm tired.

As for asparagus, I might have been wrong. I don't pay it much attention. It could have some variation of frozen bean.