Friday 4 July 2008

Even The Kitchen Sink

I have sent myself a punishing schedule for today. I have a Viking burial to attend at noon, a post to finish writing for this afternoon, and then I want to get back to my autobiography, which had been delayed by the two days I had to spend in Manchester.

However, none of this can get done when I have waste time deleting SPAM comments from my old posts.

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "The English Summer":

For kitchen sinks, have a look at this kitchen sink catalogue.

Posted by Anonymous to The Richard Madeley Appreciation Society at July 4, 2008 11:25 AM

I really don’t want to enable word verification since it only punishes the innocent but we have to make a stand against the slime who produce nothing themselves but are happy to such the goodness from the work of we serious bloggers. And would anybody really want to buy a sink from a company foolish enough to leave SPAM comments on the blog of the nation’s sexiest consumer rights watchdog? Have they not heard about my forthcoming series of ‘Dick Justice’ when I’ll be going after the nation’s top spammers?

I’ve sent the company in question an email in the hope of setting them straight. An IP addresses has been logged and I’ll be contacting the internet provider in question. I’ve also threatened to put Judy on their case if they try it again. The next stage involves South African mercenaries set out to hunt them down. I hope that Elberry will lead the charge.

They have been warned.

(And, in case you're wondering, I've now changed the timestamp on this post so it doesn't have the honour of sitting above my novel's obituary.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy to lead all charges in your name, sir.