Tuesday 1 July 2008

Might The Answer Be Choc Ices?

What more noble pursuit is there for a blogger other than asking important questions otherwise ignored by the mainstream media? In my humble opinion, the pressing issue of the day isn’t Zimbabwe, the price of oil, or even guessing when that Scottish lad will get knocked out of Wimbledon (I say he'll be gone by Friday). It’s the question posed in this post where some of the greatest minds in the blogosphere are now debating how Lord Jeffrey Archer managed to carry 10 ice creams through a gay wedding celebration. I've read 'Papillion' so I know all the tricks a man learns in prison. But I think it's hard to see how ten ice cream cones would fit up there, even if they are pushed narrow end first.

Which makes this puzzle, I think, really worthy of the title of a Thought Experiment.

Bryan, I salute you. And I eagerly await the answer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For one hairy moment I thought I had been punting at the same time as Jeffery Archer (I rarely know who famous people are, so this would have been quite an event)... then I saw how old his post was.

All I have to say is... ice creams melt. That could be a significant part of the trick. And those wafer things do tend to go kind of mushy...

All Shook Up said...

Nasal Asymmetry.

The new page header, with the cropped photo featuring your conk.... I'd never noticed before, but yours is bent to the right in exactly a mirror image of Fry's nose's wayward drift to the left. It's such a pronounced similarity of distortion that it's difficult to believe its a mere coincidence. How do you explain it?