Friday 1 August 2008

Another Update

"Being positive is almost as hard as writing about bad news. There’s a sense that I don’t want to tempt any kind of fate. I must (and have) prepared myself for the worst.

We now know that my father suffered an aneurysm. He underwent an operation (the main difficult operation) yesterday morning at a neurological unit in Manchester. The doctors have expressed satisfaction with how things went and they say that today they might try to wake him. He’s been heavily sedated for days. There is a long way to go and many things could yet happen. However, I wanted to pass on this news and to again thank everybody who has written in support."

14 comments:

Nige said...

With you in spirit...

Uncle Dick Madeley said...

Extremely appreciated, Nige.

Anonymous said...

Oh Richard.

I'll say a prayer and I truly hope from the bottom of my heart everything works out fine and that your dad recovers.

And you know if you need anything at all where to find me.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

katyboo1 said...

Good news. It's really kind of you to keep us updated.
Katy

Uncle Dick Madeley said...

Bertas, thanks so much.

Katyboo, thanks too. I feel it's only right to explain where things are.

Lola said...

I sincerely hope the news is good. Look after yourself.

Anonymous said...

A small, tentative sigh of relief, though I still have my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for a good recovery for Madeley Sr.
Amy.

Randy said...

Here's hoping your father and the family have more such good news in the days to come.

okbye said...

I'm not the praying kind but I'm hoping really hard you get more good news. You know we'll wait for you. :)

Black Cat said...

I've also got my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for your father's complete recovery. Oh wait, my eyes are crossed anyway. Never mind, my thoughts are with you and I'm sending good vibes. xxx

Black Cat said...

P.S. I absolutely agree with the comments about bloggers. I've been astonished at the support and - yes - love that is apparent in the blogosphere. In a world where most of what we hear about is hatred and violence, it kind of restores one's belief in human nature.

Anonymous said...

Walking home today i felt your father would be okay and you would return to customary blogging. i don't know if this 'feeling' is because it will happen or because it's what i hope for, but i certainly hope it happens!

Lets be anonymous said...

Thoughts are with you as always

Richard Havers said...

Encouraging news and so good to hear.